Add this share buttons at top header

Monday, August 26, 2013

Free Money Finance - reader profile

The free money finance has ran a series on reader profiles and has so far published 110 posts.  These posts give us a realistic example on the examples and problems that are unique to each reader so that we may learn from these.  These examples are the best teacher on how we can manage our personal finances better.

Majorem Lending



Free Money Finance


Posted: 06 Dec 2012 12:28 PM PST
The Reader Profiles series has been pretty popular around here. So far we've done over 110 posts and, while I still have a few in the hopper, I wanted to let you all know that I NEED MORE of them to keep the series going.

So if you're willing all you have to do is email me the answers to the following questions (it's all anonymous -- don't worry about your name getting out, I use initials to hide real personalities):
  • Please tell us a bit about yourself.

  • Describe your financial situation (who works in your family, how your income is (general), how your expenses are, etc.).

  • What are the current financial issues you're facing (saving, paying off debt, etc.)?

  • What are your plans for the future (retire early, build your career, etc.)?

  • What's your best piece(s) of financial advice and/or your general philosophy on personal finances?
Take as much time/space as you like answering them, but don't be too short or people won't get the "meat" of your situation. If you want to see what others have done, all the posts can be found here.

Thanks!
Posted: 14 Aug 2013 11:48 AM PDT
I recently received a card in the mail from Vanguard. It read (in part):
Happy anniversary! You've been a client-owner of Vanguard for 20 years.
It went on to thank me for my loyalty, congratulate me on "reaching this milestone," and so forth.

Overall, I think it was a nice touch from them.

I have been with them a long time and IMO they are a great company. I'm hoping for another 20 years (at least!) together.

For those of you interested, here are the three funds I use the most at Vanguard.

I almost went through the exercise of calculating how much I've saved/earned with Vanguard in 20 years simply because my expense ratios have been almost nil compared to an industry average of over 1%. As we all know, 1% compounded over 20 years adds up to some BIG MONEY!

No comments: